CTI: Frequently Asked Questions
What is the CaPP Institute?
The Coaching and Positive Psychology (CaPP) Institute is a division of Inspire, Inc., the personal development company founded by Valorie Burton in 2001. The CaPP Institute provides research-based training and development services that enable optimal functioning in life and work. In addition to coach training, the CaPP Institute provides highly-tailored corporate training programs and tools to enhance resilience, productivity, work-life harmony, coaching and communication within organizations.
What is coaching and the Coach Training Intensive (CTI)?
Coaching is an emerging profession that has the power to help people transform their personal and professional lives. At the CaPP Institute, we believe that the best coaches, whether in sports, business or life, possess key skills and insights that enable them to help their clients, team members, and others more consistently achieve their objectives. This coach training weekend is aimed at equipping established and aspiring coaches with the educational and foundational tools to be exceptionally effective coaches, whether in your own practice or in a corporate setting as you lead and develop your team. Are you ready to take your coaching skills to the next level? Do you want to be effective every single time you coach? Do you value evidence-based training that is rooted in research and tried-and-true methods? Do you want to understand the specific techniques that will accelerate a client’s progress and your bottom line? If so, don’t miss this event! You will walk away with a certificate in personal development coaching and the core skills necessary to excel at helping others grow and achieve success in both work and life. This is an intense, “Intensive.” It is three jam-packed days worth of amazing information, coaching demos, and materials you’ll use for the years to come. Be prepared to learn!
Our numerous graduates who hail from the U.S., Canada, Europe, Africa, Asia and the Caribbean, rave about the Coach Training Intensives. But, like any successful organization, we believe it is important to consistently find new ways to enhance our services to meet your needs. We have enhanced our pioneering coach training weekend by adding new material and additional insights to the program! This is a coach training program like no other. No other program combines the three key elements (coach training, research, and business development) to your success as a coach into one powerful training program the way we do. You will learn:
– Critical, advanced coaching skills quickly and effectively
– The latest, relevant research in the pioneering academic field of applied positive psychology
– Key business development skills to ensure you land every opportunity to be a highly effective and profitable coach
What will I learn?
– A proprietary coaching method that empowers you to confidently conduct truly powerful coaching sessions every time.
– How to incorporate basic positive psychology-based principles into your coaching practice to enhance well-being and optimize client performance.
– Strategies to market your coaching practice effectively and profitably.
– How to attract and sustain a steady client base.
What are the topics and learning modules?
A Proven Curriculum of Eight Packed Modules over Three Days:
Module 1: Mindful Listening
– You will begin training by gaining a strong foundational understanding of the THREE CRITICAL SKILLS necessary for an effective coaching sessions that gets results. Begin with these and you’ll be well on your way to becoming a highly-effective, sought after coach. These are the skills that many coaches miss early on and as a result, they struggle to help clients get the results they need. We begin our training on a powerful note, establishing a strong foundation for your growth as a developer of people and conduit for success.
Module 2: The Structure of a Coaching Session
– We demystify the process of a powerful coaching session by giving you a structure you will use to conduct each and every session. This simple, yet powerful method will act as an invisible hand in each coaching session, guiding your communication and creating a safe, strong space for your client to get clarity, solutions and move to action to see real results immediately. This one module has transformed the results of even the most highly experienced coaches who have come to us for training. For brand new coaches, it means a strong foundation on which to build your coaching expertise.
Module 3: Direct Communication
– The most successful coaches are brilliant and courageous communicators who build trust with clients and help them break through blocks. We teach you the 8 distinctive listening traits that will give you key information that shapes the powerful questions essential to any transformative coaching conversation. You will learn 7 consistent behaviors that build trust and perhaps most importantly, we will share the one, irrefutable habit every successful coach practices without fail – and it is the habit that invokes fear in every coach and is most likely to sabotage your success as a coach. We’ll show you how to overcome that fear so you can break through to a level of coaching that most never attain.
Module 4: Coaching for Resilience
– At the heart of the necessity for coaching is a need for resilience in the face of life’s biggest opportunities and challenges. When faced with opportunity, will you step up or sit back? When faced with a setback, will you get up or give up? Successful people think differently. They have a level of psychological toughness and resilience that enables them to see a vision and seize, persevere, make adjustments and build supportive, reciprocal relationships that enhance their biggest dreams and goals. But how exactly do they think differently? In this module, you will learn to build the unique kind of self-awareness that dramatically increases resilience – and you will learn the THREE CRITICAL PIECES OF INFORMATION that are foundational for building resilience. We will deconstruct the steps to “think differently” and show you how to apply those steps at pivotal moments in a coaching session.
Module 5: The Elements of Well-Being
– This model is your introduction to applied positive psychology. You will learn the research-based six elements of well-being and how they will boost your and your clients’ ability to overcome challenges, reach goals faster and build higher levels of happiness. You’ll learn the reason why positive psychology is a superb underpinning for your work as a coach – empowering you to transform your own life while simultaneously equipping you to help others transform theirs. Extracting the most relevant research about productivity, happiness and well-being, we help you understand key principles that will help you coach your clients with the background knowledge that will distinguish you as a coach.
Module 6: Character Strengths in Action
– You will learn the six categories of universally-celebrated strengths, identify your own signature strengths and how you can leverage them to pinpoint and fulfill your unique purpose. And we will show you the keys to identifying strengths in others and using them to help clients create unique solutions that accelerate their results.
Module 7: Cultivating Happiness & Positive Emotion
Module 8: Action and Accountability
– What makes coaching work is that it moves a person to action. Forward movement and the added accountability of a skilled coach is a powerful combination. You will learn the key phrases, TOOLS and insights to inspire action and create the consistent accountability that makes you a tremendously valuable asset to any client.
Module 9: Business Development Day
– It is essential to have strong coaching skills, but it is also important to have a plan in place to land great clients consistently. At the CaPP Institute, we teach you to do that. The entire third day of the Coach Training Intensive is a powerful, interactive business development workshop in which you will create a proven tactical, strategic plan of action for building your coaching practice. We will guide you step by step using the five building blocks of business development and leaving no questions unanswered. You will walk away with a written plan and the inspiration and tools to implement it.
Why should I consider this training program if I’ve already been through a different coach training program?
Many coaches are unable to consistently help clients generate tangible results and achieve their goals, or have not maximized their efforts to attract clients. In either case, Coach Training Intensive is for you. You will learn powerful core skills that will enable you to establish a stronger foundation on which to coach at a higher level. The curriculum teaches critical, key techniques in an accelerated learning environment.
How long will it take and what are the training hours?
The Coach Training Intensive is a 3-day program. There is a 2-day training option without the bonus 3rd day Business Development Workshop.
Day 1: Training 8am – 6pm (Lunch and snacks included)
Day 2: Training 8am – 4:30pm (Lunch and snacks included)
Day 3: Training 8am – 4pm (Lunch and snacks included)
Program founder, Valorie Burton, says: “Through accelerated teaching of a small number of core skills combined with live demonstrations of the techniques and immediately putting your newfound skills to work, you are able to learn techniques that you can use right away to transform your coaching. That is why I am passionate about this program. I have developed a proprietary program that will help you immediately, so that you can advance your career, goals and business now.”
Who will conduct the training?
The course will be led by a team of experienced professional coaches and facilitators handpicked by founder and director of the CaPP Institute, Valorie Burton. She is also the author of eleven books on personal development.
Valorie earned a master’s degree in applied positive psychology from the University of Pennsylvania. She has successfully coached hundreds of individuals in over 45 states and ten foreign countries.
Is the Coach Training Intensive (CTI) approved for Continuing Coaching Education Units (CCEs)?
Yes. The International Coach Federation has approved the Coach Training Intensive for CCEs. Those attending the two-day training will receive 16 CCE units. Those attending the third day will receive six CCE units for a total of 22 hours. Upon completion of the training, participants will receive the necessary documentation to receive credit.
What if I am Interested in the Certified Personal and Executive Coaching program (CPEC) offered by the CaPP Institute?
Many of our Coach Training Intensive (CTI) participants further their training through our Certified Personal and Executive Coaching program (CPEC), a six-month program taught via live online webinars and teleclasses. You must complete the Coach Training Intensive (CTI) as the first step through our certification process before enrolling in our 6-month CPEC program. You can save by registering for CPEC at the same time you register for CTI through our special discount bundle, “CTI & CPEC Combo” in our online store. For detailed information about the CPEC program, click here.
CaPP founder Valorie Burton and Program Coordinator Alexis Murray discuss the most Frequently Asked Questions about the Coach Training Intensive.
Pricing Information & Cancellation Policy
What is the cost of the training?
Market Value for a 3-Day Training:
Our Cost for a 3-Day Training: $1,495
Register early, earn the discount and guarantee your seat in this limited-space course! The Coach Training Intensive includes the 2-day training and a bonus 3rd day Business Development Day. This is for those who want to grow highly profitable coaching businesses.
Market Value for a 2-Day Training:
Our Cost for a 2-Day Training: $1,195
Register early and guarantee your seat in this limited-space course!
Coach Training Intensive includes the 2-day training without the bonus 3rd day Business Development Day for those who want to grow highly profitable businesses.
Business Development Workshop Only: $300
What is included it the cost of the training?
– 22 hours of in-person coach-specific training (16 hours if you choose the two-day option) approved by the International Coach Federation (ICF).
– Key knowledge from applied positive psychology and the insight to use positive psychology tools to create a more powerful coaching experience.
– The CaPP Institute’s 178-page information-packed packed workbook that you’ll take with you and use for years to come as you coach others to their potential
– The CaPP Institute’s 49-page Business Development Workbook, which will become your blueprint for launching (or re-launching if you are already a coach) your coaching practice as we guide you through all of the key steps to building a successful practice on Day Three of the Coach Training Intensive. (If you are coaching within an organization and will not be launching a business, you can register for just the first two days of CTI!)
– Downloadable and hard copies of Valorie Burton’s actual coaching forms, welcome letters, coaching agreements, policies and procedures, checklists and cheat seats to help you get started right away without the hassle of trying to reinvent the wheel. This “swipe copy” will save you hours of time you would otherwise have to dedicate to writing the content of your on-boarding materials. We share our tools and you can simply edit and adjust them to meet your needs!
– A certificate in personal development coaching.
Is there a payment plan?
To spread out your payments and better accommodate your budget, you can pay in installments. Early bird rates and discounts do not apply to the installment plan. Your first payment must be made on the day you register. Subsequent payments in equal amounts will be charged to your credit or debit card beginning the first month following your initial payment. You may choose the installment plan in our online store.
What if I have to cancel my registration after I register?
We understand that sometimes plans change. Because this is a limited-size training course, your registration reserves your space in the class. Therefore, cancellation of your registration may prevent others from registering because a spot is being held in good faith for you. If you cancel by 30 days prior to the event, you will receive a full refund less a $100 administrative cancellation fee. Cancellations that are made more than 30 days prior to the event, may transfer the registration to another person, the next class, or apply their registration fee towards products.
Is there a special hotel rate?
Yes, we have negotiated a special rate for participants of $144 per night. Your special rate includes breakfast, lunch and snacks when you book your room at the hotel. It also covers round trip shuttle transportation to and from the airport when you call the hotel at least 72 hours in advance to alert them of your need for the shuttle service.
You can book your hotel room by calling the hotel and asking for The CaPP Institute Group.
May I pay by check?
Yes. All checks must be received no later than 5 days prior to the event, at our administrative address at:
Inspire, Inc. Billing and Payments
90F Glenda Trace, #303
Newnan, Georgia 30265
Installment payments may not be made by check, but must be made by credit or debit card here or by phone at (404) 592-5262 ext. 88.